Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Boot Camp
Deepen your impact and develop your nonprofit career! Are you a new executive director, manager, or emerging professional looking to enhance your resume and gain both the skill set and resources needed to effectively manage an organization? The Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program is your answer!
“This class fills a niche void and was exactly what I hoped existed for nonprofit leaders. The information and professional development were top notch.”
Working in the nonprofit sector can be challenging. Complicated financials, reliance on fundraising, managing a board ... these are just a few of the core competencies needed to survive and thrive. It is essential to understand the nonprofit business model to do your job effectively. This course is your opportunity to learn from industry experts, explore your leadership style, and develop your management skills. Participants will leave with practical tools and deep connections.
Taught by experienced CEN facilitators, the 3-day intensive meets from 8:30am - 4:30pm each day. Both the text book & morning refreshments are included in tuition cost.
June 5, 6, & 7, Wed-Fri; 8:30 AM-4:30 PM (1 hour for lunch)
CSM, Building 5, Room TBD
$775 Earlybird Pricing Until April 30th, 2019.
*We reserve the right to take photos & use them for promotional purposes.
- Leadership: The 5 practices of exemplary leadership, personal 360 leadership perspectives inventory, social styles, team building, and effective meetings.
- Financial Leadership: Core components of nonprofit financials, reading a financial statement, nonprofit funding types, overhead myth and dual bottom line, sustainability.
- Strategic Planning & Thinking: Mission/vision/impact, operational planning, fundamental steps to strategic planning, and measuring and making your vision a reality.
- Fund Development: Stages of fundraising, fundraising strategies, how to create a fund development plan, creating a case of support, and role playing.
- Governance: 10 Basic responsibilities of a nonprofit board and how to work with one.
- Special Topics: Have included, but are not limited to; Social Media & Marketing, Partnership Development, Social Sector Policy & Advocacy, and more!